Gifts of Aradia
This is taken from "Ways of the Strega: Italian Witchcraft;
Its Lore, Magick, and Spells" by Raven Grimassi, Llewellyn Publications 1995
This is from the fourteenth century teachings of Aradia, a holy woman who taught Witchcraft.
- To bring success in love.
- To bless and consecrate.
- To speak with spirits.
- To know of hidden things.
- To call forth spirits.
- To know the Voice of the Wind
- To possess the knowledge of divination.
- To possess the knowledge of transformation.
- To know and understand secret signs.
- To cure disease.
- To bring forth beauty
- To have influence over wild beasts.
- To know the secrets of the hands.
Tenets of Belief
- We believe that the Source of All Things (The Great Spirit)
is both masculine and feminine in nature.
- We believe that humans bear the Divine Spark of their Creator within themselves
(soul/spirit). And that we are actual spiritual Beings who are temporarily encased in physical matter.
- We believe in Reincarnation and view it as a process for
Spiritual Liberation from the physical dimension.
- We believe in the psychic abilities and the supernatural as
normal conditions which have been supressed by Judaic/Christian Culture, but
can be restored through the practice of the Old Ways.
- We believe in Magick as a manifestation of energy that is directed by the mind through
various ancient techniques.
- We believe in Spiritual Worldsand Spirit Beings.
- We believe in the Law of Action and Reaction, and that what we do
affects others, and what others do affects us. Therefore we strive to live
in peace with those around us.
- We believe in Karma, meaning that we believe in responsibility
- We believe in love, life and harmony as the spiritual foundation of our ways.
- We believe in the expression of religious beliefs through rituals and festivals.
- We believe in Earth Energy, meaning that we acknowledge places of natural power existing upon our planet.
We hold that the same is true for natural objects.
- We believe in a positive Afterlife and a successful Spiritual Evolution.
- We believe that everything in Nature is of equal inportance. Everything is linked
and entwined beyond separation.